Using an effective environmental management system enables your business to make cost cutting savings by analysing and implementing strategies that reduce the day-to-day running costs of your business. Using an EMS also give credibility to your business for both stakeholders, shareholders and potential new customers. This can help your business sell more effectively to government bodies and local councils and also to other businesses that are environmentally conscious.
Implementing an Environmental Management System will involve Jeff Ayres & Associates analysing your business and monitoring ways in which your business could improve and become more environmentally efficient.
Many companies are now finding that their customers are demanding evidence of sound environmental practices and performance. Accreditation of your management system against this standard can help your company demonstrate your commitment to your existing and future customer base. Coupled with the financial benefits and confidence in legal compliance that good environmental management can bring, this is an option worth considering.
ISO 14001:2015 provides criteria for an environmental management system, providing a framework that a company can follow to set up an effective environmental management strategy. As with ISO 9001, the Quality Management System Standard, an environmental management system can be independently accredited.
Find out more about ISO 14001:2015 ISO 14001:2015 Benefits
What are the benefits of an environmental management system?
- Reducing waste materials
- energy and therefore your costs
- Enabling confidence in meeting environmental legislation
- Reducing the potential consequences to society from accidents
- Improving your reputation amongst customers
- the public and employees Providing a market advantage.
What we can help you with?
- Identify possible environmental impacts
- Advise on relevant legislation
- Assist in developing good environmental operating practices
- Document operating practices and procedures
- Conduct training in environmental issues
- Perform environmental auditing of sites and processes
- Assist with the selection of an external certification body
- Act as your representative at environmental system assessments
- Coordinate environmental improvement programmes
- Keep you up to date with changes
- Provide a part-time Environmental Manager (if required)