OHSAS18001 can not only make your business safer from accidents but also reduce the risk of potential product delays caused by downtime.
With the ever increasing tendency for litigation which has been triggered by the continually successful no-win no-fee culture health and safety continues to become more important within a business. Avoiding accidents can help cut costs in terms of injury payments and reduced resources and it can also reduce the risk of potential product delays caused by lack of staff or machinery downtime.
As with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 is a framework for an efficient Health & Safety management system. Not an international standard due to varying international legal requirements, this Specification provides an assurance of a robust, legally compliant management system. Your management system can also be accredited against this Specification.
What are the benefits of a Health & Safety management system?
- Establishing legal requirements are met
- Identifying hazards in your workplace and minimising the associated risks
- Reducing the cost impact of accidents
- Reducing the chance of prosecution and /or litigation
- Strengthening communication at all levels of your company
- Lifting your employees’ morale and job satisfaction
- Improving the efficiency of your organisation
How we can help you?
- Offer initial advice and guidance
- Identify current legislation and regulations which affect your company
- Advise on your health & safety policy
- Develop appropriate health & safety management controls
- Conduct health & safety training
- Undertake health & safety surveys and audits
- Perform risk assessments
- Provide a part-time Health & Safety Manager (if required)