Quality Management System | ISO 9001
Help improve the quality of your products or services.
ISO 9001 is the internationally recognized Quality Management System (QMS) standard that can benefit any size organization. Designed to be a powerful business improvement tool, ISO 9001 Quality Management certification can help you to: Continually improve, streamline operations and reduce costs. An ISO 9001 Quality Management System will help your business move forward and increase the performance if your business as a whole and allow you to develop greater opportunities to increase profitability. By continuously monitoring your business and managing quality across all business operations you are able to find the best ways to increase productivity whilst reducing production costs.
ISO 9001 has seen a large increase in businesses using this ISO standard within their business. Between 2015 and 2017 there has been an increase of over 7% in terms or total business using this certification.Implementing a quality management system into your business is a strategic business decision that aims to help improve performance and provide sustainable business development opportunities.
A quality management system provides organisations with a structured method of recording ‘best practice’ and a planned means of achieving continual improvements through the setting of objectives and targets. The revised ISO 9001 Standard is less demanding than its previous version regarding the level of paperwork, procedures and detail considered essential for an effective management system. Indeed, it looks much more closely at achievements, improvements, levels of customer satisfaction; rather than looking for strict conformity to precise procedures and work instructions.
To find out more information about the lasted ISO 9001 strategy visit ISO.ORG
ISO 9001 is the international standard for a Quality Management System. As with ISO 14001 the Environmental Management System Standard, a quality management system can be independently accredited. In 2015 a major revision of ISO 9001 will be published ( ISO9001:2015 ) which centres on quality and continuous improvement, Leadership within management and the introduction of risk & opportunity management.
ISO 9001 has recently been updated for SME’s to make it more effective and efficient to implement within a small to medium business enterprise. It is recognised that smaller businesses don’t have the resources and have different end goals compared to large corporations so has been modified to be more accommodating for a business.
ISO 9001 Revisions
Is 2015 there have been several revisions made to ISO 9001 to keep in up to date and relevant to modern business. ISO Certifications are reviewed and revised every 5 years to ensure that they do not become outdated and fall short of the standards expectations. The newer version has a higher level structure to ensure it can run in conjunction with other ISO Certifications
One of the main reasons for the changing of the certification is due to the moving environment of business and the improvement of international trading. Many previous trade barriers have been cut or reduced allowing for businesses to trade freely through international markets. The new and improved ISO Certification has been modified to detail this.
What are the benefits of a quality management system?
- Enhancing your focus and understanding of your customers’ needs
- Improved competitive edge
- Continually improving the efficiency of your operation
- Reduced costs, improved profits, added growth
- Ensuring consistency of your products and/or services
- Strengthening communication at all levels of your company
- Providing more sales and marketing opportunities
- Product liability protection.
How we can help you?
- Review your operation and identify possible areas for improvement
- Help you develop a Quality Management System to meet your requirements
- Develop and document your processes and procedures
- Train your staff in quality methods and principles
- Assist with the selection of an external certification body
- Act as your representative at quality system assessments
- Assist with the use of quality tools and techniques
- Keep you up to date with changes
- Provide a part-time Quality Manager (if required).